Administrative Assistant – Hiilangaay Hydro
We have a full-time temporary (seasonal) opening for an Administrative Assistant who will be reporting directly to the Project Superintendent for the Hiilangaay Hydropower construction project on Prince of Wales Island.
Our ideal candidate should have a positive can‐do attitude and familiarity with general administration duties including filing, copying, procurement, correspondence, reporting, and more! Our successful applicant will be assisting with many aspects of project management, including calculating tonnage and haul time, mobilization and demobilization of people and equipment as well as making daily/weekly runs to town for grocery and parts shopping.
Project duration is expected to start in May and last through the end of the year.
Candidate Qualifications Required
· Strong verbal and written communication abilities
· High School Diploma or GED
· 5+ years of experience in a business office environment
· Willingness to work/live in remote work camp environment
· First Aid Training/card
· Valid Alaska Driver’s License and the ability to be insured by AP&T
· Ability to comply with personal protective equipment requirements (ex: life jackets, hard hats)
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and 10-key calculator
· Understanding of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and other accounting processes
· Proven ability to cope with Alaska’s harsh weather & challenging environment
· Ability to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
Additional Skills & Experience Desired
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar
Applications are only accepted online. Please apply at https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/2473/administrative-assistant/login.
EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled and Drug and Alcohol-free workplace
"We operate a sustainable, Haida-owned, Alaska Native Village Corporation, which makes a vital difference in the lives of our present, and future shareholders, while promoting culture and heritage. The Haida Corporation conducts business development and stewards resources, which include ancestral lands and sacred sites. It is operated according to principles of economic accountability and business management, and the Haida cultural values passed down from our ancestors."
89 Cedar Street
Hydaburg, AK 99922
Phone: (907) 285-3721
Toll free: 1-800-478-3721
Fax: (907) 285-3944
Monday to Friday
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Copyright © Haida Corporation. All rights reserved | (907) 285-3721
Culture Camp Images courtesy Bethany Goodrich / Sustainable Southeast Partnership