HAIDA Corporation

HAIDA Corporation


Phone:     (907) 285-3721
Or email:


  • Name of spouse
  • Names of children
  • If there is no spouse or children, the names of parents
  • If there are no spouse, children or parents, the names of brothers and sisters
  • If no spouse, children, parents, brothers or sisters, then names of the next possible heirs, according to Alaska Statutes on Intestate Succession
  • Dates of birth, Social Security numbers, and mailing addresses of the possible heirs listed above

Change of Address

Please fill out the Change of Address form and fax or mail it to the Haida
Corporation office.

Fax:        (907) 285-3944
Mail:      Haida Corporation
               PO Box 89
               Hydaburg, AK 99922

Gifting Your Shares

The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) has been amended to permit gifts to relatives who have been adopted-out. A birth certificate is necessary for all recipients. Shareholders who wish to gift their shares may request a stock-gifting packet from the Haida Corporations office, or download the forms here. The gifting process can take up to 90 days.

Estate Planning

The following Testamentary Disposition is a last will and testament for your Haida Corporation shares, as authorized by Alaska Statute 13.16.705. When properly completed, this document will direct who will receive your Haida Corporation shares after your death. This Disposition can be
replaced only by you, at any time, and the most recent one will be used to distribute your stock upon your death. This document directs only how your Haida Corporation shares will pass and is not a complete will; you should have a regular will for your other property. 

Haida Corporation will make reasonable efforts to protect your original Testamentary Disposition, however, the corporation cannot guarantee its safety and will not be liable for its loss or destruction. Therefore, you should preserve your carbon copy, which is the second sheet of this document, both as a reminder of how you have willed your stock and so that a copy exists if the original Testamentary Disposition is somehow destroyed or lost. You may wish to make another copy and give it to a trusted relative or friend, or put it in a safe deposit box or another safe place. 

​When a shareholder's death is reported to Haida Corporation, the information is entered into our database to avoid sending any additional mail addressed to the deceased. This includes any pending distributions.

In order to transfer the shares of a deceased shareholder to another, Haida Corporation must have:

  1. Certified copy of the death certificate

  2. Properly completed Testamentary Disposition form; or

  3. Last Will and Testament of the decedent

  4. If there is no will or completed testamentary disposition form, then Haida Corporation will require the following information in order to transfer the shares according to the Alaska Statutes on Intestate Succession​

     5. Once all of the above information is received in cases of Intestate Succession, Affidavits                    of Entitlement are prepared for the signatures of the heirs. In the case of minor heirs                        who are  not already shareholders, a custodian form must be signed by his/her custodian.

    6. Once Haida Corporation receives the signed Affidavits of Entitlement and death certificate,             the shares can be transferred as outlined in the Affidavit of Entitlement. This process takes             approxametely three to four weeks from the time the last piece of documentation is received.        Once the duplicate stock certificates are issued, any funds accruing to the decedents’                        previous stock certificate will be divided among the heirs according to the Affidavit of                        Entitlement and paid accordingly

Shareholder Services